Help

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Work center and labor cost in odoo manufacturing

Dear members,

In creating a manufacturing order i want to calculate the work center cost, as well as the labor cost with the materials cost, in order to have the full cost of the product.

Any one have an idea to do the right configuration? I'm using odoo 8

Thanks

Discard
1 Answer
David Tran
Best Answer

Costing for manufacturing is always complicated. It would be very difficult to calculate real manufacturing cost. In my opinion, it is not necessary and practical to do it. I would prefer to use standard cost method for whatever is manufactured.

The most effective and accurate method is to implement analytics accounting to collect all costs related to manufacturing processes that distribute them across the produced products periodically (e.g. once or twice a year)

In Odoo, you can structure your analytic accounts to record all costs that related to your manufacturing:

1. Raw Materials that you purchase
  2. Assets depreciation (aka manufacturing machine depreciation)
  3. Work center cost
  4. Labor cost
  5. etc

Anyway, every business is different. MRP in Odoo is one of the the areas that require much customization to work as expected by the organization. But I hope the above could work for you.
Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!