Just testing Odoo to see if we should use it.
Am trying to install an Australian Chat of Accounts module via the user interface.
The Application is installed on a Win PC using Bitnami.
After logging in as Administrator with "Technical Features" active there are extra menu options for Module but nothing like Add, Install, etc.
The new module was pasted into the Oddo Addon folder which is found "….\Odoo\apps\odoo\Lib\site-packages\odoo-8.0_20150423-py2.7.egg\openerp\addons".
When I tried creating a new menu option "Module Import".
Settings->Technical->User Interface->MenuItems  Edit "Settings/Modules"  Add submenu called "Import" with "Action: ir.actions.act_window" and "Module Import"  Save the changes and refresh the window (You can see a new submenu called "Import")  Settings->Modules->Import  Select the downloaded zip file (attachment_size_limit-188.8.131.52.zip) then click "Import Module"
BUT, when i get to "Action: ir.actions.act_window" there is no "Module Import" option even after searching.
Also at this point the added module does not show up in the module list but that would be due to it not being added to the data base I am assuming. This needs to be done with the "Module import".
So what happens now to get this module installed as without the Australian setup, there is no point to the application.
Q&A Forum Regulations
By using the FAQ Forum on ERPOnline.vn website, you unconditionally agree to the following terms:
1. Q&A Forum is a discussion environment to support each other in Odoo/ERPOnline implementation, in the spirit of "community support community", with internet address at: https://www.erponline.vn/forum/hoi-dap-7
2. You are thoroughly responsible for the content submitted by you.
3. DO NOT use the Q&A Forum for any activities that violate Vietnamese law and International Conventions to which Vietnam is a participant.
4. DO NOT post content that is offensive, defamatory, or discredits other individuals or legal entities.
5. DO NOT post advertisements or advertising content.
6. DO NOT post content that is not related to management software and ERP in general as well as OpenERP and ERPOnline.vn in particular.
7. DO NOT post copyrighted content or content, materials, products protected by Intellectual Property law without the written consent of the author.
8. DO NOT embed images from other websites.
9. You agree that all options, solutions, answers in the Q&A section on ERPOnline.vn website are for reference only. ERPOnline.vn website will not be liable if you have any damage when applying the plans given in the Q&A section on ERPOnline.vn website.
These terms and conditions may be amended to suit reality at any time without prior notice.