How to enable department field in customer contact in Odoo 8?
Echelon ERP Sysadmin wrote:
Thanks for your response. I wanted to track customers' departments….e.g. sales, accounts, warehouse, support…
If such the case, just add char field instead of many2one field in Step 2. See attached screen shot Selection_183.png
I have edited my answer above.
If you did mean HR Department of your company, you can follow my step-by-step instruction below:
Step 1. Adding a new field (called Department) into res.partner model:
- Navigate to menu Settings > Technical > Database Structure > Models to find the res.partner record using keyword res.partner
- Open the found record, press "Edit" button then click "Add an item" link in the bottom of the Field tab to open the field creation window.
- Fill in the window form as in the attached screen shot Selection_181.png
- Save and close both the field creation form and the model form
Step 2: Adding the newly createe x_department_id above to the partner form view:
- Navigate to Settings > Technical > User Interface > Views to find the view view_partner_form
- Open it and Edit as below: In the Architecture tab, Find:
- Save and close the form and you are done. The field has been added below website field on the partner form
See attached screen shot Selection_182.png
If you meant to track customer's department.
In such the case, just add char field instead of many2one field in Step 2. See attached screen shot Selection_183.png
Hope this helps.