Help

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Categories within forum

Bruneau

Hello,

I've installed erponline, and I'm trying to get the "Categories" feature within my forum as you did guys (Categories with "General Discussions", "Agents & Resellers", "Developers"…).

I could not manage to install such a feature. Do you know how to do it?

Thanks

Discard
2 Answers
David Tran
Best Answer

You can create a new forum to have category behavior. Action steps:
1. Login with your admin account
2. Go to the website (if you were not there)
3. On the top right, you will find a menu entry named "New". Then click on "New Forum" option.
4. You will be asked for forum name which should be the name of the forum (e.g. Agents & Resellers, Developers, etc)
5. You will also be asked for "Add page in menu". Check this if you want a menu entry to the forum will be created for you
6. Reorganize the menu entries to your forums if you want. An idea for a site of multiple forums is to create a page to which the main Forums menu entry points. In that page, you can provide links to specific forums of yours. You can also create a menu structure that may look like as below:
– Home
– Forums: point to nothing (just put # in the href)
—- Q&A: point to your Q&A forum
—- Pre-Sales Questions: point to your Pre-Sales Questions forum
—- whatever you want here: point to another forum
– Others website pages

Or, if you want something very specific to your needs, please contact our sales to ask for customization.

Discard
Bruneau
Best Answer

Hi David,

It looks great. Working well.

Though, how do you manage implementing a search engine that could search through all different forums?

Thanks

1 Comment
Discard
David Tran
-

If you publish links to different forums, search engines will find them.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!