Help

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

How to buy a foreign currency through cash registers

Yossef Elsherif

Dear all,

At Odoo, I want every cash transaction -whether cash in or cash out- to go only through a cash box in Cash Registers.
I made a purchase for a foreign currency (USD) other than my default functional currency(EGP), when reconcile i put that foreign currency cash account, but it didn't reconciled, it bring up a ValidateError:

Field(s) `currency_id` failed against a constraint: The selected account of your Journal Entry forces to provide a secondary currency. You should remove the secondary currency on the account or select a multi-currency view on the journal.

I configured the journals as follows:

- Cash journal (EGP): Currency is: EGP, the secondary currency of the selected account for the journal is: EGP
- Cash journal (USD): Currency is: USD, the secondary currency of the selected account for the journal is: USD

Can you help me please

How to buy a foreign currency through cash registers

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!